For three generations and counting, Affordable Home Services has provided high-quality roofing and siding services to homeowners in Montvale, NJ. Our success is mostly driven by our dedication to delivering high-quality materials, competent labor, and a dedication to fair pricing. We make every effort as a family-owned and run firm to deliver timely services supported by decades of expertise, skill refining, and education.
Siding Replacement in Montvale, NJ
Your home will tell you when it’s time for new siding, from cracks and gaps to mildew and decaying material. You may also wish to safeguard a property that does not already have siding to guarantee that it is not subject to pests and the elements. Fiber Cement siding is not only one of the most cost-effective and long-lasting siding solutions, but it also has a clean aesthetic that may significantly raise the value of your home.
As the most reputable siding contractors in Montvale, NJ, we are dedicated to providing reasonable prices for vinyl siding, fiber cement siding, cedar siding, and even brickwork. We can help you boost curb appeal while also protecting your property from harm by installing nearly maintenance-free siding.
Roofing Services for Residential and Commercial Buildings
Affordable Home Services’ skilled roofing and siding experts can handle all of your roofing needs, including:
- Installation of a new roof
- Roofing maintenance
- Roof repair and replacement
All Montvale house and business property owners should get their roofs inspected on a regular basis. We can detect minor issues before they become costly and inconvenient home restoration jobs. You don’t want to wait until you see water dripping from the ceiling to give your roof the attention it requires. Before you need to fix something, inspect it.
A Full Range of Residential Services in Montvale, New Jersey
Roofing and siding services are in high demand in Montvale, but that isn’t the only thing our skilled team has to offer. We also offer skilled remodeling services for your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, or any other area in your house. If your windows and doors require repair or replacement, we can help.
We also do house expansions, so it’s never too late to design the ideal floor plan for your family. Put us in charge of constructing or remodeling rooms on your business property to provide your staff the space they need to work productively and securely.
Schedule a Montvale Roofing and Siding Inspection Today
Contact Affordable Home Services at 1-973-473-4830 if you’re seeking dependable Montvale roofing and siding contractors that are devoted to reasonable pricing. You may also contact us online to get a free estimate. Fill out our contact form and we will contact you as soon as possible to offer a price and schedule service at your Montvale, NJ home or business.
When it comes to saving money and making your home more energy-efficient, there are a lot of things you can do. One of the most cost-effective ways is investing in a new Clifton siding project. Unfortunately, many people overlook it because it is not often promoted as an energy-efficient solution. With that in mind, here is a closer look at how siding makes your home more energy-efficient.
The Importance of Energy Efficient Siding
Choosing high-quality, durable siding is an excellent way to boost your home’s energy efficiency. This is because high-quality siding is one of the best ways to ensure your home is properly insulated, which can prevent your home from being overly drafty. If your siding is cracked, damaged, or simply needs to be updated, replacing it can be one of the greatest, most cost-effective ways to make your home more energy-efficient.
Types of Home Siding Options
Before you make the appointment with your qualified siding specialist, make sure that you take the time to research and find the best siding for your unique needs. Luckily, you have a variety of options to choose from:
- Vinyl Siding: If you are searching for weather-resistant siding, vinyl siding is an excellent option! This siding is highly durable, doesn’t rot or peel, never needs to be repainted, and comes in a wide variety of colors and textures.
- Cedar Siding: Cedar siding is also an excellent choice. It’s gorgeous, unique, and offers a timeless aesthetic. It is also naturally water-resistant and can protect against insects, such as termites, and can also help prevent decay. Cedar siding can be treated with stains and finishes, and it is very environmentally friendly.
- Fiber Cement: This siding offers benefits such as durability, versatility, affordability, and design options. It’s made of a composite material made from cement, sand, and cellulose fibers. The most popular brand is Hardie® Plank, which we can install for you!
- Choosing high-quality, durable siding is an excellent way to boost your home’s energy efficiency.
- Before you make the appointment with your qualified siding specialist, make sure that you take the time to research and find the best siding for your unique needs
- The types of siding we recommend for energy efficiency are cedar and vinyl.
Ready to Start Your Clifton Siding Project?
Overall, if you are ready to upgrade your siding, we’re here to help! At Affordable Home Services, we have a team of experts who are capable of installing high-quality siding of all kinds. Allow us to install and service your siding, or handle any of your other siding-related needs. Either way, we will do so with precision and efficiency, while being as cost-effective as possible. Contact us today for a consultation or more information.
When it comes to your siding in Passaic, NJ, there are plenty of things to be considered. Given the fact that siding is one of the outermost parts of your home, learning how to care for and maintain the siding correctly is vital. Nevertheless, no matter how well you maintain your siding, eventually, you will need to take the time to replace it. That said, here is an overview of why you should change your siding before spring.
Why You Should Change Your Siding Before Spring
If you are a homeowner, now is the time to get your house ready for the changing weather. Spring brings severe weather that can often cause issues with the subpar siding. However, by replacing your siding before spring, you can avoid the damage the weather brings to your home. Here are some more reasons why you should consider changing your siding:
- Improve Curb Appeal: One of the top reasons to replace your siding before spring is that it can help improve the curb appeal and overall aesthetic of your home. No matter if you want to enhance the outer aesthetic of your home for family gatherings and other events, replacing your siding is an excellent start.
- Weather Resistance: While winter weather may have caused significant damage to your siding, replacing it before spring will help protect you against spring weather such as strong thunderstorms with heavy winds, tropical storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, and more.
- Protective Finish: When your siding is dated and worn, the protective finish will start to wear off. This protective finish is meant to help keep the siding in good condition and protect your home overall, especially if you live in an area that is known for especially wet conditions. Thus, if you have siding that is missing its protective finish, now is a great time to consider replacing it.
- Boost Property Value: Lastly, if you are considering selling your home soon, it may be time to replace your siding. Siding is a significant part of the aesthetic of your home, so replacing your siding can help immediately boost your property value. Especially if your siding is dated or is significantly damaged, one of the first things you should do is replace your siding when you are planning to sell your home.
- By replacing your siding before spring, you can avoid the damage the weather brings to your home.
- If you are considering selling your home or otherwise have issues with your siding, now may be the time to do some maintenance work on your home.
- Replacing your siding is a quick and easy way to boost the appearance and value of your home overnight.
- New siding can provide your home with weather resistance and more.
Ready for a New Siding Installation?
Overall, if you are trying to find a company to install new siding in your area, Affordable Home Services is the one for the job. Using premium materials and a group of experts who are skilled at siding installation, having your siding installed by the experts here at Affordable Home Services is always a step in the right direction. We ensure that your siding is the perfect shade and texture and fits snugly around all doors, windows, and more. Contact us today for a consultation, quote, and more information.
When it comes to replacing your roof with Affordable Home Services, you have plenty of brands to choose from such as Owens Corning®, CertainTeed, GAF, and more. However, not all roofing brands are created equal, and it may take lots of time and energy to find which roof is right for you. In this blog, we dive into Owens Corning Roofing and the benefits of getting it on your home.
The Benefits of Owens Corning® Roofing
- Color and Design: Owens Corning® offers wonderful color and design inspiration. Explore color pairings and get expert advice on color for your roof!
- Total Protection Roofing System®: The Total Protection Roofing System® involves four steps; seal, defend, breathe, and comfort. Sealing helps create a water-proof barrier, defending protects the roof against nature’s elements, and breathing allows for airflow in the attic. Lastly, comfort adds insulation to your attic to meet the current Department of Energy recommendation. These components are all highly engineered and backed by science to deliver total protection to your home.
- Nailing Zone Performance: Owens Corning® Oakridge® and Duration® Series Shingles outperform when it comes to the nailing zone. Expect up to 2.5x better nail pull-through, 9x better nail blow-through, and 2x better delamination.
- Ability to Add Contrast and Dimension: The TruDefinition® Duration® Shingles are specially formulated to provide dramatic color contrast and dimension to your roof, and are available in all popular colors.
- Competitive Pricing: Another major reason to choose Owens Corning is competitive pricing. Rather than needing to negotiate prices, Owens Corning provides competitive prices that are highly reasonable when compared to other roofing brands. This allows our customers to have the peace of mind of knowing that they aren’t breaking the bank over their roofing shingle choice.
- Owens Corning® offers wonderful color and design inspiration.
- Expect up to 2.5x better nail pull-through, 9x better nail blow-through, and 2x better delamination with Owen Cornings nailing zone performance.
- The TruDefinition® Duration® Shingles are specially formulated to provide dramatic color contrast and dimension to your roof.
Ready for Roofing Services?
Overall, if you are in the market for roofing services or a replacement roof, Affordable Home Services is here to help! Rather than shopping around or going the DIY route, we offer services from a team of highly qualified professionals to install the roof color, style, and brand of your choosing. Contact us today for a free quote and more information.
With its wide range of styles and color options, CertainTeed® roofing is a natural choice for many of our clients at Affordable Home Services. In this blog, we’ll discuss why the CertainTeed® brand is such a great option, including the quality, aesthetics, and reliability you need.
What is CertainTeed® Roofing?
CertainTeed® roofing solutions represent one of the best installation options for your home or commercial roofing needs. It’s a high-quality solution, which may be why you’re considering it for your home maintenance.
We know a roof is necessary on a home, but we don’t pay much attention until something goes wrong. When your roof is leaking or there are other signs of damage, it suddenly takes center stage in your consideration. Suddenly, roofing replacement and maintenance are mission-critical. It’s so important to do research on which roofing solution and the installer you want to work with. Luckily, Affordable Home Services has the experience and expertise to best meet your needs both now and in the future.
Here’s What Affordable Home Services Offers
We are a third-generation, family-owned, and operated business with over 10,000 completed projects under our belts. With our background and experience in roofing replacement and maintenance, we will deliver the style and quality solutions that you need. We hone in on the type of roof you want and then focus on delivering the solution you need on budget and within your preferred timeline if possible.
We’re keen on the details, focusing on delivering the best possible roofing solution you want, so it keeps you safe and protected from the storms while supporting your preferred aesthetic look and feel. Every project is unique because it’s designed to meet and exceed your stated needs while ensuring that you’re satisfied with every aspect of the roofing repair, replacement, and maintenance process.
Is a Permit Needed to Repair a Roof in NJ?
A permit is not required for every home remodeling, maintenance, or home repair project, but work like siding and roofing may require a permit depending on local regulations and the size of the project. Depending on the type of project, you may also need an inspection when the project is complete.
- With its wide range of styles and color options, CertainTeed® roofing is a natural choice for many of our clients at Affordable Home Services.
- Consider the roofing solution and the installer that will best meet your needs both now and in the future.
- With our background and experience in roofing replacement and maintenance, we will deliver the style and quality solutions that you need.
Next Step: Contact Affordable Home Services Today!
Affordable Home Services proudly serves Northern New Jersey, Montclair, Passaic, and Clifton. We’re a 3rd generation, family-owned business, so we have the experience and knowledge you need for your CertainTeed® Roofing project. We offer free inspections and cost estimates for your project, so you’ll know what to expect when you’re ready to move forward with roofing repair, replacement, and maintenance. Contact us today to find out how we can help you with your CertainTeed Roofing project.
Call (973) 473-4830 to Schedule Your Free Consultation with Affordable Home Services Today!
Even though home sizes have pretty much doubled in floor space since the 1950s, not every American bathroom is large and roomy. Many homeowners in Northern New Jersey neglect their smaller bathrooms because they don’t feel like making changes would make a lot of difference. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
If you have a desire to renovate your bathroom, but the room is a smaller space, you can still make noteworthy changes for a home-flattering end result. Check out these 6 tips on remodeling a small bathroom!
1. Get creative with storage space
When working with a smaller-than-usual bathroom, you may not have a lot of space available for extra storage or even a closet. Nevertheless, you can incorporate a bit of added storage with some creative implements. For example, you could take advantage of vertical wall space by incorporating a corner shelf, towel racks on the walls, or wall-mounted cabinets for toiletries.
2. Take advantage of lighting to open up the room
Choosing the right lighting and lighting location can do a lot for a small space. One overhead fixture with a broadly distributed illumination prevents shadowing, offers ample lighting, and keeps the space feeling more open and clean. Simple wall sconces over the vanity or surrounding a wall mirror can also offer uncluttered form and function.
3. Consider wall-mounted fixtures
Wall-mounted fixtures open up floor space and prevent a small bathroom from feeling overly stuffy or cluttered. Remember, you want room for your feet to move and enough flooring to show that the space feels open. For example, if you don’t have room for a full vanity, you could easily go with a wall-mounted sink. Additionally, you could opt for a floating vanity that still gives you added storage but leaves the floor beneath open.
4. Opt for a frameless shower door design
Frameless glass shower doors are a good combination of form and function, and they serve such a valuable purpose in a small space. The see-through glass without an interrupting frame keeps the room more open, even if you are only getting a few extra feet of visual space.
5. Make use of a small footprint tub
Just because you have a small bathroom does not mean that you have to forgo a place to take a bath in your home, and only have a shower. Bathtubs have come a long way from the massive, claw-foot designs of the past or the units that take up several feet of floor space. Modern freestanding soaking tubs often have a smaller footprint, and still, give you a comfortable spot to take a bath.
6. Incorporate simple luxury for a high-end design
If you want to go with a more upscale look, a small bathroom can still get that luxury appeal. The key is in the details of the design: the faucets and plumbing fixtures, the accent tile used on the walls, or even the lighting fixtures. A little tweaking and splurging on small elements set the stage for a more luxurious personality despite the small floor space of the room.
- When incorporating added storage into your bathroom, think vertically by adding towels racks or wall-mounted cabinets.
- By keeping the shower door frameless, you will get a few extra feet of visual space.
- You can still have a tub in a small bathroom!
- Incorporating simple elements of luxury can bring an upscale flair to your small bathroom.
Need More Tips on Remodeling a Small Bathroom?
Small bathrooms may pose a few extra challenges when you want to do a remodel, but this only means you need to get a bit more creative. By hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor, like Affordable Home Services, you can be sure that your small bathroom is transformed into the bathroom of your dreams. Reach out to Affordable Home Services to get your free estimate today!
While many homeowners choose to focus on things such as routine repairs and maintenance, taking the time to make some additions can be one of the best things you can do to improve your roof. Adding copper trim is an example of one thing you can do to boost the value and functionality of your roof. With that in mind, here is a closer look at the benefits of custom copper trim.
What is Copper Edging?
Copper edging is a process that involves installing copper edges on various parts of your roof. This process is something that is relatively quick and is often low maintenance. Although it seems to be a new phenomenon, adding copper pieces to all or part of a roof is a practice that has been around for many centuries.
Why You Should Get Copper Edging Trim
If you are wondering about the reasons why you should get copper edging trim, some of them are as follows:
- High-Quality Material: One of the top reasons for copper trim is that copper is a high-quality material. Not only can it be very aesthetically pleasing, but it is also highly durable. Moreover, copper comes in various finishes, as well as a variety of styles and shapes, and they even look better as they age, as long as they’re well-maintained.
- Cost-Effective: Additionally, copper trim is also highly cost-effective. This is because it is much more durable when compared to other materials that are often used for roofing trim. Therefore, they are low maintenance and require a lot less money to maintain than other materials. Moreover, copper is fireproof, so it can also add some protection in terms of keeping your roof safe from fires.
- Eco-Friendly: Copper is also very eco-friendly. This is because copper reflects heat rather than absorbing it, which means that it can help lower your heating and cooling bills over the years. Generally speaking, copper trim can provide one of the best returns on investment when compared to other similar materials.
- Thin and Flexible: Copper is a very lightweight and durable material. This makes it very easy to install and relatively simple for those who prefer to go the DIY route. In addition, this makes it a great material for those who are seeking high-quality trim for their roofs. Moreover, this material is also likely to place a lot less stress on your roof as a whole. Therefore, you will not have to worry about it weighing your roof down or otherwise causing issues.
- When it comes to keeping your roof intact, there are plenty of options.
- One of the less considered options is adding copper trim molding to your roof to help protect it.
- Copper is a great material for roof trim because it’s thin and flexible, eco-friendly, cost-effective, as well as thin, and flexible.
Are You Looking for High-Quality Roof Trim?
Overall, if you are looking for high-quality copper edging trim, we’re here to help! Here at Affordable Home Services, we are skilled at providing roof repair and installation services of all kinds. Rather than attempting to go it alone, hiring a company such as ours is one of your best options. Contact us today for more information, a consultation, and/or a quote.
Replacing your roof is a big decision. There are a lot of options to choose from. Most people are surprised to learn that GAF roofing is the continent’s largest maker of roofing materials for homes and businesses. The company’s history dates all the way back to the late 19th century. If you own a home or a business and your roof’s shingles need to be replaced, you owe it to yourself to consider the merits of GAF.
GAF Roofing Shingles are Built to Last
Protection and durability are the two most important qualities of roofing materials. GAF roofs stand the test of time. If the weather sours, you will sleep soundly knowing your GAF roofing shingles will remain firmly in place. From strong winds to hail, sleet, snow, and other inclement weather, GAF roofing shingles can handle it all.
The Affordable Shingles You are Looking For
Plenty of homeowners have avoided or delayed homeownership due to fears about the cost of roof replacement. Roof shingles certainly have the potential to cost a bundle of money. However, if you shop around, you will find GAF roofing shingles are some of the most affordable on the market, especially the GAF Timberline 3-tab shingles. This affordable shingle provides sufficient protection without hurting your finances. In fact, GAF Timberline shingles are sold with a lifetime limited warranty making them the top-selling shingles in North America.
The Perfect Blend of Style and Function
Roofs are meant to safeguard the people and belongings below. However, roofs also play a role in how a property is perceived and its value on the market. Choose GAF Designer Lifetime Shingles and you will find they make your home look that much better. GAF roof colors are wide-ranging, eye-pleasing, and complementary to all different home paint colors. Take a look at the wide array of GAF roof shingle colors for yourself and it won’t take you long to find one that suits your fancy. These artful shingles are visually striking, affordable, and constructed to hold strong even when nasty storms pass through.
Protection Against the Wind
The weather is becoming that much more extreme with each passing year. Violent winds will inevitably sweep through the area in the months ahead. The question is whether your home or business’s roof is in suitable condition for a powerful windstorm. Opt for GAF roofing shingles and you will enjoy a 15-year WindProven limited wind warranty. If you would like to find out more about the warranty details, you can do so by checking out the official GAF Roofing System Limited Warranty.
Choose GAF roofing shingles and your family, pets and valuables will be protected by materials made by the roofing industry’s most innovative trailblazer. In fact, GAF even makes residential solar panels. In other words, GAF is pushing boundaries, creating new forms of overhead protection, and demonstrating an irreverence for a convention that ultimately results in the best possible roofing shingles. In fact, GAF has won several awards. The company won the World’s First Resilient Design Award, the David Weekly Homes Top Quality and Service Award, and additional awards for customer satisfaction.
Choose Affordable Home Services to install your GAF shingles for your roof replacement, and you will rest easy knowing your roof is installed properly, featuring top-notch shingles from one of the industry’s top brand names.
- GAF roof shingles are of the highest quality, providing optimal protection even amidst inclement weather
- GAF Timberline 3-tab shingles won’t bust your budget
- GAF roofing materials have the industry’s best wind warranty coverage
- GAF is an industry innovator that continues to improve the quality and durability of roofing materials
Contact Affordable Home Services Today
Affordable Home Services is here to help with your roofing needs. If you are interested in GAF roofing or have any other home service needs, contact us today. Our team will tell you more about the merits of GAF roofing and answer any questions you might have. You can reach Affordable Home Services by phone at 1-973-473-4830. If you prefer to contact us online, you can do so by filling out our Free Estimate form.
Take a moment to recall the last time your home’s windows were replaced. If you are like most people, you probably haven’t replaced your windows in years, possibly decades. Even if your home windows look good and function as designed, there are several legitimate reasons to replace them sooner rather than later. Here is a quick look at the top five reasons to work with us as your window replacement contractor to upgrade your windows.
1. Gain Natural Light
Your exposure to light shapes your happiness and well-being. A light-filled home lifts the spirit, ensuring you and your loved ones are joyful and optimistic. Thus, old windows that are small, stained, or have internal clouding will not let ample light into your home. Opt for home window replacement and you will enjoy an influx of light that makes you feel happy and confident every single morning as the sun shines through in all its glory.
2. Improved Home Comfort
You should always feel comfortable in your home throughout all four seasons. Having vinyl replacement windows NJ installed at your house will keep the cold or hot outdoor air outside, ensuring your temperature-controlled indoor air remains inside. This enhanced temperature control improves your comfort as well as that of your family members and pets.
A bonus to keeping indoor air inside is that it will reduce your monthly heating and cooling costs. In other words, the money you spend on new windows will end up right back in your pocket in the months and years ahead as your home utility bills shrink.
3. Enhanced Safety and Security
You spent a pretty penny to buy your home and are shelling out a considerable amount of money to maintain this space. Why put everything you value and everyone you love at risk with outdated windows? Opt for new home windows installed by Affordable Home Services and you will sleep soundly at night knowing these formidable barriers will not be breached with ease. This peace of mind is truly invaluable.
The bottom line is you cannot put a price on your safety and your family’s keepsakes. The little bit of money necessary for window replacement has the potential to save you even more money, as it will safeguard everything inside your home that much better than your current outdated windows.
4. Reduced Outside Irritants
From noise pollution to allergens and beyond, there are all sorts of outside irritants that have the potential to compromise your living space. Your home is your castle, meaning you should feel like royalty when in this important space. New windows will keep those nasty outside irritants ranging from loud neighbors to allergens, insects, and small animals where they belong – outside.
5. Increased Home Value
Though you might not be considering selling your home, there will eventually come a day when you want to move. Have new windows installed now and you will receive some of that money back, or possibly even all of it when you put your home on the market.
- Your home’s windows will eventually require replacement
- The money you spend on window replacement is offset by lower utility bills
- New home windows let in more light and improve your comfort
- The addition of new windows increases your home’s value
Contact Affordable Home Services Today
If you are thinking about replacing your home windows, reach out to Affordable Home Services today for more information about our window options. Our NJ window installation contractor provides no-cost, no-obligation estimates for new windows. You can reach our window replacement service by phone at 1-973-473-4830. If you would like to reach us online, fill out our contact form and we will be in touch at our earliest convenience.
Chances are you have heard of Tamko roofing, but do you know why this specific type of roofing material is rapidly growing in popularity? Tamko roofs have been around for 75 years, standing the test of time as they are made with high-quality materials, prove sturdy, and look pleasing to the eye. Ask anyone who has had a Tamko roof installed at their home about their satisfaction with the roof and you will find they are quite pleased.
Tamko Roofs are the Optimal Blend of Function and Form
The look of your roof is certainly important, yet its functionality means more than anything else. The best roofs have the perfect combination of function and form. That is exactly what you get with Tamko roofing. Check out the different Tamko roof colors and reviews about the quality of this roofing material and you will be impressed.
These industry-leading shingles are the result of several decades of hard work, research, testing, and ongoing improvements. Have Tamko roofing shingles installed at your home and you will find they exceed your expectations.
The Quality Roofing Product You Have Been Looking For
The roofing specialists at Tamko have invested their time and effort in developing the perfect shingles by developing a LEAN manufacturing process. This process dates back to 1945 when the company first formed. It eliminates waste and inconsistencies from the roof shingle manufacturing process as well as the final product installed at homes throughout the United States.
A Roof You can Trust
If you are like most homeowners, you are rightfully skeptical of the claims made regarding the longevity and quality of roofing materials until proven otherwise. After all, adding a new roof is the most important improvement you can make to your home. Tamko takes pride in being a vertically integrated organization, meaning it owns and also operates the majority of its plants used for raw material processing and roof shingle manufacturing. This enhanced control over the roof shingle manufacturing process makes it that much easier for Tamko to provide customers with the best possible roofing materials.
Choose Affordable Home Services to install your Tamko shingles for your roof replacement, and you will rest easy knowing your roof is installed properly, featuring top-notch shingles from one of the industry’s top brand names.
- Tamko roofing has a multitude of benefits
- Tamko premium shingles are getting more popular with each passing year
- Affordable Home Services is here to perform the expert installation of Tamko roofing at your home
- We provide free, no-obligation quotes
Get a Free Quote From Affordable Home Services
If you are thinking about replacing your roof, reach out to the roofing specialists at Affordable Home Services today to learn more about the merits of Tamko roofing including the Tamko shingles warranty. You can contact Affordable Home Services by phone at 1-973-473-4830, or if you prefer to contact our roofing specialists online, you can do so by filling our contact form for a no-cost estimate.