Wooden windows receive significant wear from rain, hail, wind, heat and snow. Over time even the most durable models will weaken and require replacement. While many homeowners attempt to do such projects themselves, it is much more prudent to leave the job up to a professional.
What Is Wood Window Installation & Replacement?
This form of installation and replacement involves wood, a material that is strong and relatively simple to use. It has natural insulation characteristics and will complement the style of many architectural types. It does require greater maintenance than fiberglass or vinyl windows, such as frequent painting, sealing and staining to maintain its beauty.
When Do You Need Wood Window Installation & Replacement in New Jersey?
- When you want windows that are eco-friendly: Wood is environmentally friendly, particularly in comparison to PVCu. Whereas the manufacture of PVCu has been found to release numerous chemicals which are harmful, wood is highly sustainable, and has the highest green rating of any material used in window construction.
- When you want natural beauty: Those looking for a more rustic look won’t go wrong with wood. This material is pleasing to the eye and looks excellent on houses, particularly those which already have wooden siding. Wood comes in an infinite variety of textures and colors which mean you can get something for your house which is completely unique.
- When you want durability: While wood isn’t the most durable material on the market, it is tough and when properly cared for can last for as long as thirty years. The bad rep that wood gets for being vulnerable to moisture and rot is only partially true. Wood can be specially treated to resist both and regular maintenance ensures there won’t be any problem.
- When you want good insulation: Wood provides insulation naturally, which is extremely important in New Jersey where winters can get extremely cold. A wooden window will also keep your home cool and fresh during summer. It will reduce carbon emissions which mean your energy bill will become lower each month.
- When you want a reasonable price: The common belief that wood is more expensive than PVCu is a myth. Actually, it depends on the type of wood you use for the window. For instance, maple is much more affordable than many PVCu materials, while mahogany is more expensive.
Why Choose Affordable Home Services for NJ Wood Window Installation & Replacement?
Choosing us for your window installation and replacement ensures that the job will be done right, the first time. While many homeowners attempt to install windows themselves or hire a cheap contractor in order to save a buck, this usually leads to major long term headaches as an improperly installed window can lead to leakage, condensation, a high energy bill, and all sorts of other problems. You get what you pay for, and when it comes to installing a new window we recommend hiring the best construction team you can afford, which is us. Call (973) 473-4830 or email us at email@example.com to learn more.