Windows are one of the most important parts of the house. They help lower energy costs, increase curb appeal while also allowing you to see what is going on outside. Installing a new window correctly however is time consuming and requires skill, which is why many homeowners choose to hire a professional.
What is Window Installation?
Window installation is the process of installing a window on a newly constructed house, or replacing an existing one. It is an invasive process which typically is performed by a foreman. The tools needed for this procedure include a utility knife, hammer and drill, and you will also need shims, a new window and caulk. Accurate measurements will need to be taken and are extremely important, as they ensure the new window fits properly and will maximize the money you save on energy.
When Do You Need Window Installation in New Jersey?
- When you want greater UV protection: While natural light is pleasant to have, its ultraviolet rays can wear out furnishings. Installing a new window which is rated Low E is the best way to protect the interior from UV radiation, as the glass pane will often use gases such as argon.
- When you want less noise: Too much noise is annoying, and becomes more so as you get older. A new window is a great way to eliminate outside noise, and this is accomplished through special laminated glass which is Triple paned.
- When you want greater security: Windows have always been a source of vulnerability because they are an opening that intruders can use to get into your home. Installing a new window which features shatter proof glass with an advanced locking mechanism will ensure that you and your loved ones don’t become the victims of a home invasion.
- When you desire easier maintenance: Constantly cleaning a window is no fun, but is exactly what is required for many older models. The newest windows have advanced features such as dust and allergen resistance and require far less cleaning than traditional models.
- When you want a lower energy bill: A new window is one of the best ways to cut your heating and cooling bill. No one wants to pay more for energy than is necessary, but many older windows are not properly insulated and as such drive up heating costs during winter and cooling costs during summer. Installing a new window can solve this problem.
Why Choose Affordable Home Services for NJ Window Installation?
Affordable Home Services has an unbeatable track record of success which extends back more than 50 years. We can install, replace or repair any window, and will ensure it matches the overall design of your home while giving you maximum insulation and protection from the elements and intruders. We are a GAF-certified Master Elite firm which means we have tremendous expertise in anything construction related. Simply call (973) 473-4830 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and find out why we’re the best construction group New Jersey has to offer.