Siding is a key element in your home’s exterior as it will serve to protect the interior structure. However, it is subject to wear over time, and depending on the extent of the damage it has sustained replacement may be necessary.
What is Siding Replacement?
Siding replacement is one of the most important changes that you can make to the home’s exterior. It involves the removal of the existing siding, replacing it with a newer version. Siding is directly exposed to the elements and if it becomes compromised the interior of the home will then suffer as well. Failing to replace siding can lead to costly and significant damage both in and outside the home.
When Do You Need Siding Replacement in New Jersey?
- When hail damage is detected: Hail is common during storms and can cause dents, cracks and chipping when hailstones strike the panels. Once siding becomes damaged by hail its ability to protect the interior of the home against the elements will be compromised. Therefore, if you notice significant damage after a storm it is best to get a replacement.
- When you notice dry rot: Dry rot is a type of fungus which results from moisture and which will cause wood to deteriorate. It is not only visually unpleasant, but will also make the siding weaker and keep it from protecting the interior of the home.
- When you want a new color: If the existing color is worn or simply out of fashion, it can be embarrassing. If you feel that your existing siding color is becoming an eyesore a replacement may be called for. Furthermore, if you’re trying to sell the home unsightly paint on the siding will make the process harder.
- The siding has become loose: There are a number of factors that can result in loose siding, including incorrect installation, damage from wind and settling. Either way, loose siding will not effectively protect the home and will often require replacement.
- The siding is cracked: Once your siding becomes cracked this will allow water to enter the underlayment. If the problem is not quickly addressed it will grow worse over time, but if the damage only involves a few areas only they will need to be replaced. However, multiple areas of damage around the house will often require a complete siding replacement.
Why Choose Affordable Home Services for NJ Siding Replacement?
Quality siding replacement requires the right tools, materials and an understanding of exterior construction. As such, it is important to work with a professional who can assess the problem and come up with an effective solution. Affordable Home Services is a New Jersey based contractor that has been in business since 1947 and has a coveted GAF-certified Master Elite certification. This makes us exceptionally qualified to not only replace your existing siding, but to do so in a way and with materials that will last many years to come. For more questions give us a call at (973) 473-4830 or contact us by email at email@example.com .