The installation of a roof is a necessity for all building types, whether commercial or residential. When planning such a project, you will need to decide whether you want the older roof to be stripped to its decking or cover it with a fresh layer of new shingles. At Affordable Home Services, we are a New Jersey specialist for roof installations.
What is Roof Installation?
Roof installation is the process in which a new roof is installed onto a building. It is done in all newly constructed buildings and may need to be performed in older buildings when the existing roof has become damaged or worn. A roof that is installed correctly with high quality materials can last as long as 25 years. A lot depends on the number of shingle layers you use and if they were correctly ventilated.
When Do You Need Roof Installation in New Jersey?
Some of the instances where NJ homeowners require roof installation services include:
- Sagging or irregular shingles: When looking at the roof of your home, the shingle lines should be straight. If you notice sagging this means the shingles are likely rotting. It is also important to review the valleys, which are a key area of the roof as this is where rain and snow move into the gutters.
- Gutter asphalt granules: When the roof gutters are cleaned (and they should be two times a year) if you notice asphalt granules in large quantities this usually means your asphalt shingles are in a state of decay.
- Curled or cracked shingles: Shingles are subject to the ravages of time, and if you notice that some are missing, misshaped, curled or cracked, this usually means that roof installation may be needed.
- Leaking attic: Another telltale sign of a worn roof is leaking in the attic. After it rains, go up and take a look to see if any leaking is present. If you notice leaks or moisture this is a bad sign, as is sunlight that comes through your roof boards on sunny days.
- Weak spots around chimneys: The chimney is one of the most vulnerable areas of the roof. It is essential for them to have fitting which is water tight along with metal flashing. Inspect it for any signs of damage.
Why Choose Affordable Home Services for NJ Roof Installation?
The installation of a new roof is a major and often costly endeavor. It is one of the most important areas of your home and as such should only be installed by a professional. Affordable Home Services was established in 1947 which means we have 70 years of experience working with various aspects of home construction. We have an extensive selection of roofing products which have been rigorously reviewed and tested to perform to the highest standards in New Jersey’s unrelenting climate.
Our firm is GAF-certified Master Elite which means when you hire us you will be working with the absolute best. We offer our clients a wonderful selection or roofing colors and styles which will cater to their tastes and desires. Our track record of satisfied clients and completed projects speaks for itself.
For more information, contact us today by phone at (973) 473-4830 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org