Flat roofing is ideal for modern buildings, as it forms their architectural core and will reflect the horizontal lines which are broad and comprise the surrounding landscape. However, flat roofing is less effective than sloped roofing when it comes to withstanding harsh weather conditions.
What is Flat Roofing?
A flat roof is a type of roof which uses horizontal lines and is free of steep slopes. It is not completely flat however, and to avoid water pooling and leakage into the home they are constructed with slight inclines, which will typically be roughly 1/8 inch for each foot. Some flat roofs will slope in multiple directions, similar to hip roofs and will contain scupper holes which are attached to downspouts.
When Do You Need Flat Roofing in New Jersey?
Some of the instances where NJ homeowners require flat roofing services include:
- When you want to save money: The cost for materials and installation is much lower for flat roofing than other roof types. Additionally, the ongoing maintenance costs for flat roofs are also quite affordable.
- When you want fast installation: Due to their simplicity, flat roofs can be installed much faster than is the case with more complex sloped roofs. This makes them perfect clients that are time sensitive.
- When you want additional usage space: Once the flat roof is constructed you can use the space as you see fit. You can install air conditioning, solar panels, or a garden, things which are impossible or very difficult to install on sloped roofs.
- When you want extra interior space: A flat roof will not only provide you with additional space externally, but internally as well. It allows for an attic which can be used for storage of even as a domicile.
- When you want to install extras: Due to their accessibility, flat roofs allow you to install satellite dishes or other devices with ease, and it is also much easier to clean the gutters and perform repairs.
Why Choose Affordable Home Services for NJ Flat Roofing?
Those looking to install or repair a flat roof will find it worthy to contact Affordable Home Services. We’ve operated in New Jersey since 1947, and are a GAF certified Master Elite firm. When you hire us, you will receive the highest quality service and your roof will be able to withstand the temperature extremes that are an inherent part of the northeastern climate. The products we carry have been carefully selected and tested to ensure they will complement the style of your home while standing the test of time.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will work closely with you to come up with solutions that are perfectly suited to your needs. We understand that no two roofing projects are exactly alike. To us, installing or repairing flat roofing is more than just a job; it is our passion and it shows in the work we perform. We constantly strive for excellence and seek to provide our clients with superb results for reasonable prices. To find out more information, you can contact us by phone at (973) 473 -4830 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.